Saturday, May 18, 2013

Basic Training Update

Hello, everyone.

Sam here. I'm sorry I haven't been posting a lot more; I've only gotten two letters from Allegra since she left for Basic. Here's an update of what I've heard from her so far:
  • She wishes the workouts were harder and more exciting.
  • She has found her Battle Buddy, who will be going to the same AIT where Allegra will get her Medic training.
  • At some point, she sustained some kind of injury, the nature of which I can't seem to remember. (I will ask her in my next letter, since I somehow managed to end up in Canada without the letters I thought I had carefully packed in my backpack.) Whatever it was, it sounded like something to watch out for and take care of but not something too awful. I think it was an infected blister and she has to get new boots, but I'm not 100% positive...
  • She really didn't like the gas chamber during the first phase of training.
  • She didn't know she had a fear of heights until she repelled down a wall that was (I think) 70 feet high.
  • An all-girls barracks is apparently FULL of dramatic people fresh out of high school, which Allegra can't stand. (I don't blame her for this one at all.)
  • She misses everyone from home, friends and family, and wants more letters!
    • Here is the address you can send them to:
      • PFC Ramirez, Allegra 
      • C1-31 FA 3rd Plt. 
      • 6007 Rothwell St. 
      • Ft. Sill, OK 73503 
If you do send her a letter, please be sure to fill it with encouragement and love. I know she'll appreciate it!

Honestly, I think she's actually pretty happy there. Once she goes off to her Medic training, I think she'll be even happier. (Less drama from younger girls fresh out of high school, more stuff to learn.)

I'm really excited for her! I hope y'all are, too.

If you have any questions you would like for me to include in my next couple of letters to her, please let me know!

Cheers,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment