Sunday, March 3, 2013

15 Days.

15 days! 2 weeks and 1 day. Holy camoly! 

I am so excited, for what is to come. I mean yes, i will miss everyone in AZ like crazy. Along with my friends in family in other parts of the country. 

This is so wild. I can't believe March 18th is almost here. Only 2 odd weeks left as a civillian. In 15 days my transformation from Civillian to Soldier will begin. I know that this phase of my life will transform me in ways that i can't even imagine. I know that i will create all sorts of new friendships, i know that this will change my life. I've already created some friendships with some future soldiers. When i enlisted my recruiter set me up with a user ID for this Future Soldier website. So i've met people that i will be going to Basic Training with. And a lot of them i'll be going to my Advanced Training with as well. So, it makes it easier knowing that i will know some people going in. Ain't technology grand?

I really don't think that i will realize that i am actually leaving until i am in Oklahoma or even after Reception week is over. 

You should check this video out. Reagan shows us some inspiration. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuQ-3wxPCtM&list=PLuCr7fqyOHBt948tq7jN1fyU1EorBJizJ&index=7

Enjoy. 
Allegra

"But even in dying, our life story doesn't just end. Each of us leaves behind a legacy of memories in the minds of those who survive us. As we live each day, we are building this legacy, through our words, our actions, and the choices we make. Each of us began life completely dependent on others for our survival. Over the course of our lifespan, others come to depend on us. It is those people whose lives we have touched in some way, whether for good or for ill, who will remember us. In this sense, the final chapter of our lives will be written not by us, but by those whose life stories have intersected with our own."

No comments:

Post a Comment