Thursday, February 28, 2013

18 days

Yesterday, i had posted a status on facebook about a political matter: 

"Okay, so one of my biggest pet peeves is when i talk to people who joined the army and they tell me they are scared they will get deployed, scared to use a gun, or scared they will get killed or hurt. For heavens sake, you joined the Military! You signed a contract to DEFEND your country. You did the Oath of Enlistment. If you just joined the military for the Educational Benefits, then you will not make it far in the Military;you will get eaten alive. At the end of the day your heart must be 200% in to defending your country, the constitution, and your fellow comrades. If you are one of these people please bail out now, and do us all a favor. Being in the Military we must all have each others backs. We all become family to one another. If we ened up fighting with one another i WILL have your back, in exchange i expect the same. I would risk my life to save yours. As the Warrior Ethos says, "I will always place the mission first, i will never quit, i will never leave a fallen comrade." I will stay true to those words. And i stay true to my word. I won't pussy out. Man up and do what you signed up to do. Defend our country and the people in it."


And i some people had some pretty insulting things to say about the Military in general. I had a friend a while back saying something along the lines that once you join the Military a lot of Civilians grow to hate you for what you are doing. I didn't believe him at first. But now i do. 


Why would you honestly insult any Marine, Soldier, Sailor or Airmen? They defend your freedom every day. Because of the Military we have all the freedoms that we have. While you are on your iphone, laptop and watching netflix, soldiers everywhere are risking their lives so that you can live yours. So please be respectful of the Military. They do a lot for all of us everyday. They don't get the chance to see their loved ones everyday like we do. They are away from them for months on end. And are lucky to even get a phone call. 


And i'm not saying all this to make everyone feel guilty. As a soldier we all know what we signed up for, we are willing to give it all up. Because we WANT to fight for our country. And most Veterans that i have ever talked to would do it again in a heart beat. There is a T-shirt i saw the other day that totally sums it up perfectly, "I wanted to serve, I volunteered to serve, I knew what i was doing" And then in the back it said, "i'd do it again". Almost every person who has ever served, would do it again in a heart beat. They knew what they were doing when they rose their right hand. And if they didn't, they were the type of person who felt they had no other option. 


i promise to anyone that i end up fighting side by side i WILL have your back, I would risk my life to save yours. Because we are soldiers and that is what we are meant to do. You are my brothers and sisters, we are family. I will never leave you behind. I joined the Army as a Combat Medic because i want to save my men. 


I know that this experience i am about to embark on will change my life. I can't wait for it to begin. 


Thank you for listening to my rampage,

Allegra

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment