Thursday, February 14, 2013

32 Days

Oh goodness. Today i will start back into training. Lets hope i don't die after 2 weeks off. Wish me luck. Time is really going by so quickly. I wasn't expecting it to go by so fast. I'm glad it is. But now its feeling kind of surreal. Like, is this really happening or am i just dreaming that it is? Stuff like that. I am so excited, but goodness. This is real. I don't think i realized how real it was until the last week or so. I would talk and talk about how excited i was and all that jazz. But it just recently hit me. I mean, i have been counting down the days since i Enlisted in December. But still it recently just hot me. 

There really are a lot of people that i will truly miss. I will miss my parents as this will be my first time away from home. like ever. I will miss my job, mainly the friendships i have created there. Not so much the place. ha ha. I will miss, my friends from the gym, i will miss my friends from my old jobs, high school, college, and everyone else in between. There a lot of people that i have crossed paths with over the last few years that have really changed my life. And i will be sad to leave them, but i know that this is the best thing for my future. This is going truly better myself. And give me a chance to pursue all my future dreams and goals. and to get my schooling completely paid for? Could i ask for anything better? 

I know I've said it once, and i will say it again. I have such an amazing support group. I don't think there is a single person who has not been supportive about my decision to join the army. and oh my goodness that has been amazing. I was so worried about what people would think or do when i decided to join the army. I love you all and thank you so much for your overwhelming support. 

I cannot wait to see what my future holds for me. This is the first time in a very long time that i am actually excited about my future and what it holds for me. And I'm not scared of whats going to happen with it, or even dreading the future. 

Arizona will always be home for me. So my Arizona friends and family, this is not goodbye. This is see you next time. I will be back. After i do my time, i will move back here. I love this state. And i love the people here. And don't you worry anytime that i get to come home i will. I get 30 days of leave a year. And i will take them. 

Cheers,
Allegra


the important thing is to not be bitter about life's disappointments. Learn to let go of the past and realize that every day won't be sunny. And when you find yourself lost in the darkness of despair, remember its only in the black of night that you see the stars; and those starts will lead you back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment