Friday, February 15, 2013

31 Days.

oh my goodness. 31 days. it's so bittersweet. I can't believe its coming so close. I absolutely cannot wait. But at the same time, i'm nervous and scared. Its pretty nerve wracking making a big change like this. i know it's going to be a good change.  And i need this in my life somehow. I need to pursue my dreams and goals. And this is one of the biggest ones. PLus it allows me to be able to pursue my biggest goal of all. To take care of people, in a really big way. 

I was at work last week and we had a patients family member wearing a Army hat with all sorts of pins on it. And i felt so proud, that in knew what most of the pins were. He was Airborne, Combat infantry, Calvary Scout, belonged to the 101st Airborne Division, Purple heart, and a Vietnam Veteran. among some other things as well. I was talking to him about how i was leaving for basic training, and he was absolutely thrilled for me. And when i told him that i was going to be a Combat Medic, he told me that When i get out i will want to become a doctor and not a nurse. So we shall see where that goes. 

Actually, my Recruiters boss was a Combat Medic. And went to Iraq and Afghanistan. And he told me that some of the stuff you get to do as a Medic is more than any Doctors get to do in the Hospitals in the Civilian world. So, i absolutely cannot wait. So, Maybe i will pursue Medical School, maybe i will pursue going to Nurse practitioner school, maybe i will pursue Physicians Assistant school, or maybe i will go to Nursing school. I'd be happy with any of those goals. Because at the end of the day, all i want to do is help and take care of people. That is what i've always wanted to do. So we shall see where this leads me after all is said and done.

i can't wait to see what the future holds for me. It still feels so surreal that i'm just 31 days from accomplishing one of them.Yesterday I actually got really emotional about leaving. I was thinking about all the people who i will miss and have changed my life, and who have had a profound affect on my life. And gosh, there are a heck of a lot of them. I'm going to miss everyone of them while i'm gone. 

I love you all, and thank you all for your support and understanding,
PFC Ramirez

But even in dying, our life story doesn't just end. Each of us leaves behind a legacy of memories in the minds of those who survive us. As we live each day, we are building this legacy, through our words, our actions, and the choices we make. Each of us began life completely dependent on others for our survival. Over the course of our lifespan, others come to depend on us. It is those people whose lives we have touched in some way, whether for good or for ill, who will remember us. In this sense, the final chapter of our lives will be written not by us, but by those whose life stories have intersected with our own

No comments:

Post a Comment