Thursday, February 21, 2013

25 days

25 days..

I cannot believe it.

I feel like such a sapp. the last month i've been super emotional, and thinking about everyone i am going to miss. Because i've realized there are a hell of a lot of people that i am going to miss. I could start to name people. But lets face it. it's a very long list and knowing my luck i would miss someone. 

Well the good news is that i only have to work 5 more shifts. 5! And after saturday only 3! You cannot believe how happy i am about that. And i know this is bad, but i've checked out. So badly. I told myself i wouldn't. But i did. It's pretty hard not to. 

I am starting to get really sad about leaving. And on some sort of level i don't think that i have quite realized that i am actually leaving. Truth is i don't think i will realize it until i get off the plane in Lawton, Oklahoma. I know that i can do this, and i know that this will make me better, and i know for sure that when i do get my nursing degree, this will make me a better nurse. And i keep hearing that on some sort of level i will come back a different person. Which kinda scares me in a way. Because i do like who i am, so i hope i don't turn into someone i don't recognize. 

This new adventure is going to be exciting, scary, thrilling, new, and totally different from anything that i've ever embarked on before. So, we shall see where this will lead me. 

Like i said. There are a lot of people i am going to miss. But there is one person that i am going to miss more than anything. That is all i am going to say, and leave it at that. 

So, i am trying to spend time with as many people as possible before i leave, and oh my goodness i didn't realize how hard that was going to be. So please my friends, i want to see everyone before i leave. So, please make an effort if you wan't to go out before i leave. There are a lot of people i'm trying to see and i'm sorry if i don't make the first effort there are a lot of people i wanna see. 

I'll see you soon then,
Allegra

But even in dying, our life story doesn't just end. Each of us leaves behind a legacy of memories in the minds of those who survive us. As we live each day, we are building this legacy, through our words, our actions, and the choices we make. Each of us began life completely dependent on others for our survival. Over the course of our lifespan, others come to depend on us. It is those people whose lives we have touched in some way, whether for good or for ill, who will remember us. In this sense, the final chapter of our lives will be written not by us, but by those whose life stories have intersected with our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment