Monday, January 21, 2013

56 Days

Hello World, 

So far i would have to say that i am doing a pretty good job with this whole blogging thing. Although it is only day 2.Its a great idea. Because i know that while i am in basic training i will be writing my friends and family and all, but this way if i can only write some of you a couple of letters here and there. You all will still be kept updated thanks to my amazing friend Sam. And i could not have chosen anyone better. We have been friends since our highchair and diaper days. 

I leave for New Mexico tomorrow to go see my Grandpa and his Wife. It will be nice to get away for a few days. I will have to make sure and keep my self disciplined with working out and my nutrition while i am there. Because once i get off track sometimes it can be really difficult for me to get back on track. and i have 14 more pounds i want to lose before i leave for basic training. It will make basic training a lot easier on me that way. Thats what my dad says anyways, and i kinda have to agree with him. 

So, before i leave for basic training i have to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test. I've already passed it but i want to max it out if at all possible. There is 2 minutes of pushups, 2 minutes of sit ups, and a 2 mile run. For my age group in order to completely max it out i need to do 46 pushups, 80 sit ups, and do my 2 mile run in 15:36. So far i have maxed out my pushups with 53, 60 sit ups, and my 2 mile run in 16:21. So i just really need to work on sit ups and my run. And i have some time so i am not too concerned about it. Especially considering i can already pass it with no problem. 

I never realized how much you have to do to prepare for Basic Training. I have all of these creeds i need to memorize. Well i don't NEED to but it will make the first couple of weeks at basic training a lot easier. And its one less thing to get yelled at for. I need to memorize the soldiers creed(already done), Army Values, Army General Orders, Phonetic Alphabet, Military Time(already done), and Army Ranks. Plus i also had to do these tests online, which i have already gotten done as well. I also meet with my recruiter 1-2 times a week and do PT(Physical Training), and make sure everything is in check. So i have been keeping busy that is for sure. 

Outside of the Army i have a lot of stuff to take care of as well. I'm selling my car, which thank goodness my Dad or My brother is buying it because it'll make thins a lot easier. I am also trying to get my room organized and decide what i will keep at home, what i want my dad to send to me when i get to my first duty station, what i will want when i get to my advanced training, and of course what i am taking to basic training. I've gotten rid of 9 bags of clothes, shoes and random crap. Today, i will probably go through my books and take the books i don't really want to changing hands. That'll help a lot to get things organized. I just have a lot to do. I'm not sure if i will be able to come home before i go to my first duty station so i want to make things as easy as possible on my dad and step mom. 

Phew, that was quite a long post. I hope you all are having a wonderful day. 

Army Values:
Loyalty
Duty
Respect
Selfless-Service
Honor
Integrity
Personal Courage

For now,
Allegra


No comments:

Post a Comment